CHAMPAIGN, Ailing — Indiana is again on the street on Thursday evening, taking over Illinois in a essential Massive Ten recreation for each groups. Welcome to our reside weblog, the place we are going to maintain you up to date with the information and views from the sport reside from press row right here on the State Farm Middle.
Illinois has gained 4 video games in a row and are taking part in nicely. Indiana has misplaced three of 4, however gained the final outing, trying good in beating Wisconsin 63-45 final Saturday. They are a6.5-point favorite over the Hoosiers at recreation time.
The sport begins at 8:30 p.m. ET, and is on FOX Sports activities 1. This is the whole lot that you must know on find out how to watch the sport, with a full preview as nicely. CLICK HERE All the most recent gadgets are on the high, so simply maintain refreshing. Benefit from the recreation!
10:30 p.m. — Two large baskets by Trey Galloway and the lead is again as much as 16. We’re on the under-8 timeout lastly, and Indiana leads 70-54 with 6:35 to go.
10:25 p.m. — Illinois is urgent now and has pressured two 10-second violations. Jalen Hood-Schifino picks up a charging foul and now he and Trey Galloway each have 4 fouls with eight-plus minutes to go. It is again to a 12-point recreation now.
MY TWO CENTS: Lots of of Illinois followers are heading to the exits already, and so they by no means bought to chant their ”Your Followers Hate You” chants on the Indiana participant. Oh, the perfect laid plans.
10:15 p.m. — Trayce Jackson-Davis hits an 8-footer and Indiana leads by 20 now. It is their largest lead of the sport at 64-44. Trayce has 26 now. … He scores once more on the following possession and Brad Underwood has to name one other timeout. It is 66-45 now with 10:13 to go.
10:10 pm. — Miller Kopp makes a three-pointer on the 12:19 mark. It is his first discipline aim of the sport. Let’s examine if he can get one other one. He hasn’t had a a number of three-pointer recreation since Dec. 20. We’re on the under-12 timeout and Indiana leads 62-44.
10:06 p.m. — Indiana takes an early timeout, with Mike Woodson wanting to maintain this group targeted. Hoosiers lead 57-41 with 13:13 to go.
10:01 p.m. — Trayce Jackson-Davis lastly misses a shot, however then scores once more. He is bought 22 factors now and Indiana leads 55-39 with 15:22 to go. A fantastic first 5 minutes for certain, similar to we requested for.
9:56 p.m. — Brad Underwood simply went all Fran McCaffery on the refs and will get a technical foul. Miller Kopp misses the primary free throw, although, then hits the second.
9:52 p.m. — Trayce Jackson-Davis is simply toying with Illinois middle Dain Dainja tonight. He is 9-for-9 from the sector and simply blew proper previous him for a dunk. Indiana leads 50-38 with 17:08 to go. No actual changes by Brad Underwood,
MY TWO CENTS: Let’s be sincere, we have been right here a number of instances earlier than with this Indiana group. They’ve had a really laborious time closing out video games on the street for years now, and that lead went from 19 to 10 too simply. First 4 minutes of the second half are going to be large.
9:40 p.m. — Miller Kopp’s line within the first half: 14 minutes performed, no pictures, no rebounds, one help, three steals. In different phrases, nothing has modified.
HALFTIME — Illinois hits three threes within the remaining two-plus minutes, and we go to the break with Indiana main 43-33. Illinois made solely one in all its first six three-point makes an attempt. IU’s protection has been higher, however they should stick with it for 20 extra minutes.
9:30 p.m. — It would not get extra environment friendly than this: Trayce Jackson-Davis and Jordan Geronimo are each 6-for-6 from the sector
9:25 p.m. — We have hit the under-4 media timeout and Indiana leads 39-25. The lead bought as much as 19, however the Illini are scratching again a bit of bit. Jordan Geronimo (13) and Jalen Hood-Schifino (10) each in double figures.
9:15 p.m. — Indiana’s lead is as much as 17 now at 31-14 after a few Illinois turnovers. Jordan Geronimo scores once more, and Brad Underwood has to take a second timeout. 33-14 now with 6:18 to go.
9:10 p.m. — We’re on the under-8 timeout and Indiana leads 26-14 with 7:46 to go. Jordan Geronimo leads with 9 factors on 4-of-4 taking pictures, and has 4 rebounds as nicely. Indiana is 12-of-19 from the sector, a powerful 63.2 %.
9:05 p.m. — Indiana doing a pleasant job defensively. Illinois is simply 3-for-12 from the sector. Hoosiers leads 26-12 with 8:38 to go. Again-to-back-to-back scores by Jalen Hood-Schifino.
8:55 p.m. — Re Indiana ”rivals:” Purdue is Indiana’s largest rival. Kentucky USED TO BE largest rival. Down the record, however STILL a rival, is Illinois. I listened to Bob Knight go on and on how he hated them, and wished to beat their ass, as Isiah Thomas would say, EVERY SINGLE DAY!
8:50 p.m. — Trey Galloway will get known as for his second foul on the inbounds play, and he has to take a seat down. Tamar Bates is available in. Illinois’ RJ Melendez will get known as for flopping, however Miller Kopp misses the free throw. It is his first miss of the 12 months after 12 straight.
8:45 p.m. — Trayce Jackson-Davis scored, after which Trey Galloway hits a 3 to present Indiana a 12-4 lead. After an Indiana free throw, Trayce scores once more and it is 14-5. Trayce Jackson-Davis will get known as for a foul after which a technical foul bought known as on the Indiana bench. Illinois simply 3-for-6 from the free throw line to date, which helps.
8:40 p.m. — That timeout clearly labored. Indiana on a 7-0 run now, with back-to-back baskets by Jordan Geronimo, together with an open three from the highest of the important thing. We hit the primary media timeout, and Indiana leads 7-4 with 15:29 to go within the first half.
8:35 p.m. — Indiana opens the sport with two turnovers, and coach Mike Woodson is upset. Calls a timeout on the 18:07 mark down 4-0. Trey Galloway scores proper out of the break.
8:30 p.m. — As we speak’s officers: Terry Oglesby, Don Each day, Doug Sirmons
8:15 p.m. — Identical beginning lineup for Indiana: It is Trayce Jackson-Davis and Jordan Geronimo up entrance, with Miller Kopp, Jalen Hood-Schifino and Trey Galloway on the perimeter.
8:10 p.m. — The Illinois college students are prepped and primed to present Indiana some grief tonight. They have been emailing notes about IU gamers all day, and have some nasty chants deliberate. In addition they have some newspapers prepared.
- HOW TO WATCH INDIANA-ILLINOIS: Indiana basketball (11-6, 2-4) battles the Illinois Preventing Illini (13-5, 4-3) on Thursday at 8:30 p.m. ET on the State Farm Middle in Champaign, Ailing. This is find out how to watch, with recreation time and TV info, three main storylines, the most recent on the purpose unfold, the teaching matchup, collection historical past and extra. CLICK HERE
- INDIANA LOOKING FOR FIRST BIG TEN ROAD WIN: Indiana basketball hasn’t gained a recreation away from Simon Skjodt Meeting Corridor since Nov. 20. The Hoosiers are 0-3 in Massive Ten street video games and play at Illinois, winners of 4 in a row, on Thursday. CLICK HERE
- WOODSON RADIO SHOW: Coach Mike Woodson appeared on his weekly radio present “Inside Indiana Basketball” alongside play-by-play announcer Don Fischer on Tuesday evening to recap Indiana’s win over Wisconsin, talk about teaching philosophies and preview the upcoming Illinois recreation. CLICK HERE
- UNDERWOOD PREVIEWS INDIANA: Earlier than Illinois’ house recreation towards Indiana on Thursday, coach Brad Underwood met with the media to debate the significance of this recreation, guarding Trayce Jackson-Davis, his group’s four-game win streak and extra. CLICK HERE
- COLUMN – MORE SHOTS FOR MILLER KOPP: When requested about getting extra pictures for Miller Kopp, Indiana coach Mike Woodson did not think about it a excessive precedence. However with two starters out, Kopp must have an even bigger position within the offense. He performed 26 minutes Saturday earlier than taking his first shot, and that simply cannot occur for Indiana to be at its greatest offensively. CLICK HERE