NCAA Males’s School Basketball Bracketology for Friday, 02/24/2023
The most important bracket strikes since Monday:
- Kansas has jumped Purdue for the No. 3 total seed, which sees the Jayhawks positioned within the East and Boilermakers shipped West to Vegas.
- Because of a season sweep of Baylor, Kansas State is now the fourth No. 2 seed. The Bears drop all the way down to the highest No. 3.
- Marquette and Gonzaga jumped previous Virginia and Iowa State to affix Baylor and Tennessee (nonetheless) on the three line.
- The Cavaliers and Cyclones are joined on the 4 line by a pair of Committee preview oversights—UConn and Miami.
- Indiana and Xavier drop all the way down to the 5 line alongside the Committee’s different two “on deck” groups for the protected seed group: Creighton and Saint Mary’s.
- There may be an unbelievable logjam of Large Ten, SEC, and ACC groups in the course of the bracket. Between the highest of the 7 line and the highest of the ten line, there are 5 Large Ten groups, 4 SEC entrants, and a trio of ACC squads. The lone exception is TCU, the second 7 seed.
- West Virginia (final 4 byes) and Oklahoma State (final 4 in) swapped locations following the Mountaineers’ 85-67 house win on Monday evening.
- The Cowboys are joined within the First 4 by USC, Mississippi State, and Wisconsin.
- Penn State is respiration down the Bulldogs’ and Badgers’ necks although. Wisconsin will get the nod over the Nittany Lions for the second due to their Quad 1 and a pair of win complete, even when PSU’s metrics are superior.
- Michigan—victorious at Rutgers on Thursday evening—has a good probability of chasing down each of its convention rivals earlier than all is alleged and accomplished.
Let’s have a look at the total image with two weeks and two days to go.
Text-Only Bracket for Screen Readers and Seed List
- Convention logos point out auto bid holders.
- Numbers in crimson squares point out group’s place within the bracket’s high 16 (high 4 seed traces).
- Colours subsequent to seed numbers point out bracket motion: yellow (new), inexperienced (seed up), crimson (seed down) relative to Monday’s bracket.
Graphics by Chris Dobbertean utilizing logos from both SportsLogos.net, Wikimedia Commons, or the establishments’ web sites.
Lowest-ranked NET at-large: Wisconsin (72)
Lowest-ranked KenPom at-large: Wisconsin (64)
Highest-ranked NET exclusion: Utah State (34)
Highest-ranked KenPom exclusion: Utah State (35)
Bids By Convention
23 single-bid conferences
Ins and Outs (3, 1 at-large)
New Entrants: Marshall (Solar Belt), Toledo (MAC), Wisconsin
Out For Now: Kent State (MAC), New Mexico, Southern Miss. (Solar Belt)
The Video games Forward
It’s going to be a particularly busy 4 days, and I’m not even together with the primary convention event video games of 2023 on Monday evening. Groups within the projected subject are bolded. Groups nonetheless in rivalry are italicized. The order of significance inside every window is my editorial resolution.
All occasions are p.m. Jap until famous.
Friday, February 24
Xavier at Seton Corridor, 7 (FS1)
Richmond at VCU, 7 (ESPN2/ESPN+ ($))
Iona at Mount St. Mary’s, 7 (ESPN+ ($))
Siena at Rider, 7 (ESPNU/ESPN+ ($))
Queens at Liberty, 7 (ESPN+ ($))
Marshall at Outdated Dominion, 7 (ESPN+ ($))
Southern Miss. at Texas State, 8 (ESPN+ ($))
Kennesaw State at Central Arkansas, 8 (ESPN+ ($))
South Alabama at Louisiana, 9 (ESPN2/ESPN+ ($))
Air Drive at UNLV, 9:30 (CBSSN)
Nevada at Fresno State, 11 (FS1)
Saturday, February 25
Michigan State at Iowa, 12 (ESPN)
TCU at Texas Tech, 12 (ESPN2)
Clemson at NC State, 12 (ACC RSNs/ACCNX)
UConn at St. John’s, 12 (CBS)
Creighton at Villanova, 12 (Fox)
Oklahoma at Iowa State, 12 (ESPNU)
Stony Brook at Charleston, 12 (CBSSN)
Missouri at Georgia, 1 (SECN)
St. Francis Brooklyn at Fairleigh Dickinson, 1 (NEC Front Row)
Texas at Baylor, 2 (ESPN)
Kansas State at Oklahoma State, 2 (ESPNU)
Arkansas at Alabama, 2 (ESPN2)
Arizona State at Arizona, 2 (CBS)
UTEP at Florida Atlantic, 2 (ESPN+ ($))
Buffalo at Toledo, 2 (ESPN3)
Northeastern at Hofstra, 2 (MSG/FloHoops ($))
Furman at Samford, 2 (CBSSN)
Brown at Columbia, 2 (ESPN+ ($))
Dartmouth at Penn, 2 (ESPN+ ($))
Princeton at Harvard, 2 (ESPN+ ($))
Auburn at Kentucky, 4 (CBS)
Texas A&M at Mississippi State, 3:30 (SECN)
West Virginia at Kansas, 4 (ESPN)
Syracuse at Pittsburgh, 5 (ACCN)
Florida State at Miami, 4 (ESPN2)
Colgate at Navy, 4 (CBSSN)
Vermont at Bryant, 4 (ESPN+ ($))
UNC Asheville at Longwood, 4 (ESPN3)
UT Martin at Morehead State, 4 (ESPN+ ($))
Kent State at Bowling Inexperienced, 5 (ESPN3)
UNCG at ETSU, 4 (ESPN+ ($))
Virginia at North Carolina, 6 (ESPN)
South Carolina at Tennessee, 6 (SECN)
Florida at Vanderbilt, 6 (ESPN2)
George Mason at Dayton, 6 (ESPNU/ESPN+ ($))
Southern Utah at Sam Houston State, 5:30 (ESPN+ ($))
Northwestern State at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, 5:30 (ESPN+ ($))
Boise State at San José State, 7 (NBCS Bay Space/MWN)
Cornell at Yale, 7 (ESPN+ ($))
Notre Dame at Wake Forest, 7 (ACCN)
Utah Valley at Abilene Christian, 7 (ESPN+ ($))
Youngstown State at IUPUI, 7 (ESPN+ ($))
Indiana at Purdue, 7:30 (Fox)
USC at Utah, 8 (ESPNU)
Virginia Tech at Duke, 8 (ESPN)
DePaul at Marquette, 7:30 (FS1)
Jap Washington at Idaho State, 8 (ESPN+ ($))
UAB at Western Kentucky, 8 (CBSSN)
Houston at East Carolina, 8 (ESPN2)
Cleveland State at Milwaukee, 8 (ESPN+ ($))
Saint Mary’s at Gonzaga, 10 (ESPN)
San Diego State at New Mexico, 10 (CBSSN)
UC Irvine at Hawai’i, 10 (ESPN2/ESPN+ ($))
Oregon at Oregon State, 10 (Pac-12 Networks)
Santa Clara at San Diego, 10 (Stadium School Sports activities Atlantic/WCCN)
UC Santa Barbara at UC San Diego, 10 (ESPN+ ($))
Sunday, February 26
Northwestern at Maryland, 12 (BTN)
Siena at Iona, 1 (ESPN3)
Illinois at Ohio State, 12 (CBS)
Windfall at Georgetown, 12:30 (Fox)
Belmont at Northern Iowa, 12:30 (CBSSN)
Wisconsin at Michigan, 2 (CBS)
Cincinnati at Memphis, 2 (ESPN2)
Southern Illinois at UIC, 2 (Bally South and Midwest Further/NBCS Chicago Plus/ESPN+ ($))
Missouri State at Indiana State, 2 (ESPN+ ($))
Drake at Bradley, 4 (ESPN2/ESPN+ ($))
UCLA at Colorado, 4 (CBS)
Wichita State at Tulane, 3 (ESPNU)
Valparaiso at Murray State, 4 (ESPN+ ($))
UCF at Tulsa, 5 (ESPNU)
Rutgers at Penn State, 6:30 (BTN)
Monday, February 27
North Carolina at Florida State, 7 (ESPN)
Baylor at Oklahoma State, 9 (ESPN)
West Virginia at Iowa State, 9 (ESPN2)
Nevada at Wyoming, 9 (CBSSN)
Texas Southern at Alcorn State, 8 (HBCU Go/The Grio)
Montana State at Jap Washington, 9 (ESPN+ ($))
Since this coming Monday isn’t a vacation, it’s again to a Tuesday replace this week earlier than issues actually choose up subsequent weekend.